- dYdX Foundation is thrilled to announce Charles d’Haussy as its newly appointed CEO.: Headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, the dYdX Foundation is an independent not-for-profit foundation created to participate in propelling dYdX, the most powerful decentralized cryptocurrency exchange protocol, into the future.
- OECD releases final plan to crack down on international tax evasion using crypto : The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development's long-in-the-making crypto tax framework was published Monday. The document is meant to formalize information sharing between the 38 member countries, through automatically sharing crypto-related taxpayer information between jurisdictions.
- EU Commission seeks automated Ethereum DeFi monitoring : The European Commission released a bid to study the possibilities of monitoring decentralized finance through “embedded supervision” last week.
- Web3 Foundation Grants : In Wave 15 Grants Program, Web3 Foundation has signed 37 grants, bringing a variety of inspiring projects and exciting developments to the ecosystem.
- Google Cloud and Coinbase Launch New Strategic Partnership to Drive Web3 Innovation : The collaboration will involve Coinbase selecting Google Cloud as a strategic cloud provider to build advanced exchange and data services. Coinbase will use Google Cloud's powerful compute platform to process blockchain data at scale, and enhance the global reach of its crypto services by leveraging Google's premium fiber-optic network.
- Why Web3.0 Is The Future Of Gaming? : The gaming industry is evolving quickly, evident with the release of new gaming consoles and games. But as we move into the future, it's becoming clear that web3.0 technologies will be a driving force in the gaming industry.
- OpenSea launches NFT marketplace on Avalanche : As NFT activity continues to slow, some major players in the space have joined forces to expand its reach. The latest to do so is OpenSea, which has launched natively on the layer-1 blockchain, Avalanche, both firms exclusively told TechCrunch.
- Bitgreen win Polkadot's 29th parachain auction
Interesting Blockchain Projects
- Subsquid: Subsquid is an indexer, open source SDK, and ETL-as-a-service platform that makes it easy and cost-efficient for developers to build highly-customizable and scalable data pipelines for blockchain-facing applications. Providing essential data retrieval tools to developers building on EVM, WASM, and Substrate chains, Subsquid currently powers dozens of major blockchain applications, including NFT marketplaces, DeFi platforms, and wallets. Subsquid includes support for external API calls and libraries, third party gRPC nodes, and syncs of up to 50k blocks per second.
- Substrate blockchain framework: Substrate makes building a blockchain far easier, faster, cheaper, and safer than ever before. As an open-source framework, developers gain free access to a wide codebase developed and used by industry-leading teams building some of the biggest networks today. Learn more.
Blockchain Workshops and Tutorials
- Introduction to Blockchain and Web3 ( EDX / Web3 Foundation): Build the foundational knowledge required to understand the latest developments in the Blockchain space and Web3.
- Introduction to Polkadot ( EDX / Web3 Foundation): Learn about Polkadot Network - A scalable, interoperable & secure blockchain protocol that powers Web3.
- Create a Simple Squid ( Subsquid ): The goal of this tutorial is to guide you through creating and customizing a simple squid (API) using the Subsquid framework. The blockchain queried in this example will be the Crust storage network and our final objective will be to observe which files have been added and deleted from the network. Additionally, our squid will be able to tell us the groups joined and the storage orders placed by a given account.
- QA warrior - Subsquid.io : Subsquid products are developed by developers and for developers, so this is not a usual QA role. For example, Aquarium, our cloud service, is developed as CLI-first, so we call the bash terminal our home.
- @BillLaboon : Head of Education and Grants at Web3 Foundation. Kusama Council Member.
- @polkadotnews : News, Reviews and Tutorials for the Polkadot ecosystem.
Giveaway / Airdrops / Action-Reward programs
- Massa Beta Ambassadorship Program: Massa Ambassadorship program intends to help Massa to extend its outreach and give the opportunity for the community to be part of the adventure together. We want the community to join us and bring Massadoption of the blockchain technology to the world, without compromizing on our values such as decentralization.